Friday, July 07, 2006

All Work And No Play...

I signed us up to go on a whitewater rafting trip with some people from church. Steve works so much and is so stressed out it seemed like a good idea to get away from here for a bit. He doesn't seem too interested, in fact, it sounds like he's grumpy about the whole thing. Sometimes he acts like I'm silly (not in a good way) about stuff I want to do. If I talk about making a certain dish while our friends are visiting for several days, he barks about how he just can't think about that. He's too busy thinking about work and money and whether we'll be able to afford to even have groceries while they are here.

See, I've got a secret he hasn't tapped into. You know my Abba, my daddy, owns the cattle on a thousand hills. He can always sell one off if I'm in need.

So I have decided not to take offense that he isn't as excited about this trip as I am. In truth, I'm a bit scared about it. Not the rafting part, but the part where my shoulders haven't been working properly and my back has been giving me fits. I'm afraid that I won't be able to use the oar properly when the time comes. Still, I look forward to these kind of challenges, and to getting Steve away from the business for a while. Leaving allows you to come back refreshed and with a different perspective. Our minds need the break.

Yahoo! To the rapids!

No comments: