Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Old Photos

I know, I know. You're probably one of those people who never have photos sitting in a camera that you haven't printed. You never have a disposable camera sitting around waiting to be developed and the last time you saw 35mm film no one even knew who Monica Lewinsky was...

Well, that's not me. I finally took in about 5 disposable cameras and rolls of film, wondering what was on them. Was one of them the missing roll from our Italy trip 4 years ago? Would one of them contain pictures of the kids when they were little?

The first set of pictures I opened had pictures of my dead dog, Barney. Oh, how I miss him. Another set had pictures of a friend who died a few years ago. There were pictures of construction projects I no longer remember, and pictures of Craig on one of his visits home, and pics of my beautiful wallpaper. In the pics you can't see the messed up seams, the bad cuts, the peeling. You only see the beauty.

Life is filled with these kind of moments. Memories of good times, good friends, good dogs, and times that bring both tears to your eyes and a smile to your face. Now I have to wonder where on earth that roll of Italy pics went to... There were some wonderful shots of the fountain near the main bus/train terminal in Rome. Oh, well. At least I still remember it. My memories include sights AND sounds and smells. It includes the feel of the spray on my face and the cooling night breeze on my skin. I'm pretty sure the pics don't include that. Wouldn't it be fun if they did?

No comments: