Monday, November 03, 2008

Anybody game?

I seriously need an exercise partner. Really. I do. I need to get to the gym as the best way to ward off depression, also I need to build up my strength and endurance (gently) because the fibromyalgia is in a bit of a flare up stage lately. (I'm a member of 24 hour Fitness.) I'm weary of it all, but struggle to get myself out the door. I can be in my workout clothes, standing in the house, fully intending to go and yet I do not. Why wouldn't I go to do the thing that I know has such positive outcomes?

Why do I let the weariness keep me from it? Part of it is that I am tired of so much solitary activity. The more I think about it, the more I think that is the core of it. Hmmm. I'll have to think about that some more and figure it out.

Sometimes all it takes is to figure out what the block is keeping me from positive activity and then I can beat it. Still, the weariness is a huge thing. One of the things that gets me to push past the weariness and pain is the anticipation of seeing someone I know. That is such a positive thing it is worth the effort.

If you are interested...call me.

No comments: