Tuesday, November 04, 2008

It's all a country-western song...

I often find myself laughing at inappropriate times. I hear or receive bad news, particularly relating to me, or watch family drama around me and somewhere in the back of my mind I take a step backward. I hear twanging guitar and a fiddle as the lyrics of a bad country-western song are playing in my head. Lost my job today, honey, but it's okay tomorrow I'll be on my way. I hear they're hiring out Las Vegas way....

How about this one? Tired of you complaining 'bout no water in the kitchen. I'm sick of you complaining 'bout no stove. You've got the grill out on the deck and to make cooking simple, I moved the 'fridge outside the kitchen door. You ask how can you cook this way, and what 'bout when the snowfall comes. It seems to me like an improvement baby, 'cause no one likes your cookin' anyway. Or something like that.

I find that it helps to see your life as a series of episodes in sitcoms or a song straight off of Hee Haw. Of course, if you let the laugh track escape your head, you might get decked by a family member and then you'll have to explain your black eye at work.

No comments: